How To Fix Speaker On iPhone. Normally, an iPhone speaker not working could be caused by one of two things: software malfunctions or hardware damage. If it is due to hardware defects, you must visit an Apple retail store or an online phone repair service for assistance.
However, if it is due to software issues, you might well try the following basic solutions to resolve them. It will also assist you in determining whether the problem is hardware or software. Here, check 7 ways How To Fix Speaker On iPhone out right now.
Examine the Ring/Silent Switch
This is a simple tip that is frequently overlooked. Please turn on your iPhone’s ringer. Alternatively, you will not hear any sound from your device, whether it is an iPhone 7 or another iPhone model.
Read here: How to Connect to Sonos Bluetooth With 3 Different Devices
Check that the iPhone volume is not too low.
You might not be able to hear the audio output from your speakers if the volume on your iPhone is too low. It’s simple and universal to accidentally flip the silent switch or turn the volume all of the ways down on your iPhone. So increase the iPhone volume to the maximum.
Ensure that your iPhone isn’t in headphones mode.
Another cause of the iPhone speakerphone not operating could be a problem with the headphone’s mode. If there is lint, gunk, or other debris in the Lightning port, your iPhone will be stuck in headphones mode even if no headphones are plugged in. Audio will not be broadcasted through the speakers if your iPhone believes headphones are plugged in.
Follow these steps to get out of such a situation:
- Step 1: Press the volume buttons on your iPhone’s left side. If the notification says Headphones, your iPhone is in headphones mode.
- Step 2: Examine your Lightning port or headphone jack with a flashlight for lint, gunk, or other debris.
- Step 3: If you see something stuck in your Lightning port, use an anti-static brush or a new toothbrush to brush it out.
Determine if the iPhone’s sound is playing in other ways.
This method involves determining whether the iPhone is linked to other third-party output hardware and whether iPhone sound is being played through devices other than the iPhone, such as Airplay, Bluetooth, and so on. To check as well as turn them off, do the following:
- Step 1: Swipe up from the bottom of the iPhone screen to access Control Center.
- Step 2: If Bluetooth is enabled, turn it off.
- Step 3: Select the AirPlay icon > Disable AirPlay Mirroring.
Read more: How to Connect Wireless Speakers to TV Quickly & Effectively
Reboot Your iPhone
Restarting is the simplest way to resolve many iOS issues, such as the iPhone speaker not operating. The methods for restarting an iPhone vary based on the iPhone generation.
To restart an iPhone, press the volume down as well as power the on/off buttons simultaneously. If you’re using an older iPhone, such as an iPhone 6s/6/5s, press the power on/off and then the home buttons together for 10 seconds to restart it.
DFU Mode Can Restore Your iPhone
The DFU method is also a useful method for resolving software issues. To use this method, go through the following steps:
- Step 1: Connect your phone to your computer and launch iTunes.
- Step 2: On an iPhone, press but also hold the power as well as volume down buttons simultaneously; on an iPhone 6s/6 or older, press and hold the Home and power buttons simultaneously.
- Step 3: When iTunes says “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode,” let go of the power button but continue to hold the volume down or the Home button.
- Step 4: If you successfully entered DFU mode, your iPhone’s display will be completely black.
If it isn’t, start over at the first step.
- Step 5: Use iTunes to restore your iPhone.
Repair at an Apple Store
If none of the six methods above How To Fix Speaker On iPhone, not working problem, you should consider whether it is due to hardware damage and seek assistance from Apple’s official store. You can also get some local phone repair services, such as the Los Angeles iPhone repair service from Puls, which also provides service in other cities and employs a large number of technicians.
Read here: How To Fix A Bent Headphone Jack
With these seven methods How To Fix Speaker On iPhone, you can easily resolve the iPhone speaker not working. If you have any questionnaires about these solutions or other new and useful methods, please leave them in the comments section below.